I am awful at keeping this blog updated — but it just means i’ve been busy doing lots of great things! The summer is here in Muskoka and it’s BUSY!
I love going for swims after work or an evening paddle. I honestly feel so grateful to have access to this beauty!
Summertime often means lots of hosting, BBQS, get-togethers and in general, socializing! This dip is perfect for gatherings and is an allergic-crowd pleaser!
Roasted Beet and Carrot Hummus
Gluten free, Vegan, Sugar free, Nut free
1 medium beet, peeled and sliced
1 carrot, chopped
1 15 oz can (or 1 3/4 cup) cooked chickpeas
2 tbsp tahini
1 tsp salt (add more if needed!)
1 lemon, juiced
2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp avocado oil or coconut oil (or your favourite high-heat roasting oil)
1. Preheat oven to 400* and place parchment paper on cookie sheet
2. Chop beet and carrot, place in a bowl and coat in 1 tbsp of avocado oil or coconut oil
3. Spread evenly on parchment paper and roast veggies for 30 min (checking in periodically until fork-tender)
4. Add chickpeas, tahini, salt, lemon juice, garlic and olive oil to food processor
5. Once veggies are roasted and cooled, add to food processor.
6. Process until smooth! If the mixture is very chunky then slowly add water (starting at 1 tbsp).
7. Once finished, top with a drizzle of olive oil and enjoy!
Stay tuned for more dip recipes because I am ALL about the dips these days!